Any fan of peanut candy will beg for more of this delicious and fragile nougat. If you want another recipe to make peanut soft nougat here you have one of the web recipesgratis.net. At the beginning of the last century, Greek immigrants created peanut paste, also called halva, peanut butter or peanuts. Currently, it is best known by its trade name "Mantecol" or "Nucrem", and this same product is widely consumed in Latin America for being extremely delicious.You may also like: How to make nougat Jijona or soft
Soft Peanut Nougat Ingredients
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup of water plus 2 teaspoons
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups peanuts, raw or roasted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Generously blunt a large baking sheet with edge.
Soft peanut nougat elaboration
- Dissolve the baking soda in the teaspoons of water. Leave aside.
- Heat the peanut butter in a water bath until it melts, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, and 1/4 cup of water. Hook a candy thermometer on one side of the pan with the tip close, but without touching the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the syrup mixture over high heat until it reaches 135º C. Lower the heat to medium and add the butter. Stir until it melts.
- Add the peanut. Continue cooking, stirring continuously for about 5 minutes, until the syrup begins to take color and the thermometer marks 150º C.
- Remove from heat. Add the bicarbonate solution and vanilla.
- Working quickly and carefully, pour the mixture into the softened peanut butter, stirring gently. Then pour the caramel mixture into the prepared pan. Spread in a layer as thin as possible. The key here is speed.
- Once cold, break the nougat into pieces.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make a soft peanut nougat, we recommend that you enter our Recipes category.